pressure switches with continuously adjustable switching point
electronic pressure sensors with radio transmission
Rotary couplings transfer liquid or gaseous media from a stationary to a rotating or swivelling machine part.
The most important fields of application are:
• Swivelling fixtures which cannot be connected by hoses.
• Rotating fixtures that rotate with a determined number of rotations.
• Rotary indexing tables that move in one direction of rotation more than 360 degree.
• Machine tables with swivel movements in both directions.
The oil supply at the housing is made by radial pipe threads that end in circular slots of the rotary piston. From there, the hydraulic oil is led upwards through axial bore holes. The pipe connection at the rotary piston can optionally be effected radially or axially.
Alternatively, a manifold-mounting type with O-ring seals is available.
The starting torque is reduced by the following measures:
• The rotary piston is supported by ball bearings.
• The running surfaces for the seals are nitrated, ground and polished.
• The special seals have low friction and are abrasion resistant.
A radial shaft seal protects the interior against dirt and coolants.
At the leakage port the little leakage can be led away in a controlled manner.
Easily adjustable electronic pressure switch in compact design with two wear-resistant transistor switching outputs.
The switching points are set via two push-buttons using the four-digit digital pressure display. A green or red backlight indicates the switching positions of the two outputs. For optimum adaptation to the respective application, the device offers additional setting parameters, e.g. switching delay times and break/make function of the outputs.
Electronic pressure sensors with radio transmission will be used to monitor hydraulic clamping fixtures, if
• hard wired connections are not possible or too expensive.
• the pressure has to be measured in hard-to-reach points or has to be adjusted frequently.
• the pressure has to be measured continuously in several places at the same time.
• the pressure has to be checked during start up and maintenance with minimum installation costs.
Up to 16 pressure sensors can be individually configured and monitored at a stationary receiver unit with antenna.
The electronic pressure sensor (Pressure Switches F9.733) operates according to the DMS principle. The measured values are sent in the ISM band to the stationary receiver unit. The range is max. 300 m in the free field. The replaceable lithium battery has a service life up to one year. The state of charge is constantly monitored.
The receiver unit can be configured with the keyboard and the two-line LCD-display. With the optionally available setup program on a PC or laptop that can be connected with a USB cable it is even more flexible.
A laptop with the loaded setup program can be directly connected to the pressure sensor by means of a mini-USB cable. Thus, a temporary pressure measurement is also possible without receiver unit, e.g. during start up and maintenance.
The receiver unit has four freely configurable analog outputs (optionally two relay outputs) and a RS485 interface with Modbus protocol.
Available as an accessory is a Profibus gateway that translates the Modbus protocol into a PROFIBUS protocol with GSD.
The electronic pressure sensor is intended for industrial use, but is not suitable for safety-critical applications.
Metallic objects in the immediate vicinity of the transmitter or concrete ceilings and walls reduce the range. The minimum distance between two transmitters shall be 200 mm.
During installation and operation of the electronic pressure sensor, electrostatic charging must not arise. Electrical or magnetic fields, e.g. by transformers and two-way radios are to be avoided.
Application example 1
Electronic pressure sensor with radio transmission F9.750